Joseph Gabriel (out of University of Wisconsin) is hosting a workshop in Madison April 1st and 2nd, 2016 titled Organizing the World of Healing Goods: Materia Medica, Pharmacopeias, and the Codification of Therapeutic Knowledge in the Early Modern World for which he has issued a general call for papers.
According to his post on H-Sci-Med-Tech:
- Authors of accepted proposals will be invited to present pre-circulated drafts of their papers
- They expect that the workshop will lead to the publication of an edited volume on the topic by a university press.
- The organizers encourage submissions by scholars both in the United States and in other parts of the world, as well as submissions from independent scholars, graduate students, and other groups underrepresented in academic and scholarly publishing.
- A small honorarium will be provided to each participant upon receipt of the final version of accepted papers.
- Funding for travel to Madison and lodging will be available to participants who do not have access to institutional support.
- Submission deadline is September 1 2015. Please submit a short proposal (no more than two pages) and a curriculum vitae to Matthew Crawford at email@example.com and Joe Gabriel at firstname.lastname@example.org
The seminar description is as follows: Continue reading CfP for Workshop: Pharmacopoeias in the Early Modern World