Call for Papers
The European Society for the History of the Human Sciences (ESHHS) invites submissions to its 41st conference to be held from August 30 to September 2, 2022. The conference is hosted by the Sigmund Freud Private University Berlin, which is located at the former airport building Berlin Tempelhof, and will be held in person.
Oral presentations, posters, sessions or workshops may deal with any aspect of the history of the human, behavioural and social sciences or with related historiographic and methodological issues.
Guidelines for submission
Any submission should include the following: name, email and institutional affiliation of the first author. Please indicate clearly on the top of the page the submission type: oral presentation, poster, session or workshop.
- Proposals for oral presentations should contain a 500-600 word abstract in English plus a short bibliography. If the presentation itself will be given in another language, please indicate this in your proposal.
- Proposals for posters should contain a 300 word abstract in English and a short bibliography.
- Proposals for a session, workshop or round-table should contain a 500-600 word rationale of the event, plus a short bibliography, as well as a short abstract for each individual contribution to the event.
Please send your proposal as attachment in MSWord (.doc/.docx) to email@example.com
Deadline for submissions is March 31, 2022.
A limited number of travel stipends will be available for students, or scholars that otherwise might be in need of economic support. Only those presenting a paper or poster are eligible. If you wish to apply for a travel stipend please indicate this clearly in your submission email and send a completed application form along with your submission. The application form can be downloaded here.
If you have any questions about the conference site and the organization on site, please also get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jannes Eshuis, President of the ESHHS
- Martin Wieser, Local Host and Communications Officer of the ESHHS
- Kim Hajek, Head of Program Committee, Treasurer of the ESHHS