The Spanish Society for the History of Psychology has issued a call for papers for its 2016 meeting, to be held May 4-6, 2016. Submission abstracts will be accepted in Portuguese, English, and Spanish, and are due December 31, 2015. Full details follow below and can be found on the the society’s website.
The “Spanish Society for the History of Psychology” organizes its XXIX Annual Symposium on University Portucalense (Porto, Portugal) from 4 to 6 May 2016.
The overall theme of the Symposium, the participants proposed, focuses on the “History of Psychopathology and Psychotherapy” assuming full range of theories, models and practices, with special emphasis on the Latin American world.Therefore, the Symposium will provide an opportunity for dissemination, discussion and critical deepening of historical and epistemological issues personalities and institutions in the Latin American world, they have contributed to the theoretical and practical innovation in the context of understanding / explanation psychopathological and psychotherapeutic intervention. It is intended, therefore, to encourage research in a scientific-cultural and geopolitical sphere that has been systematically marginalized.
However, special attention to this general theme does not mean the exclusion of other important themes in the history of psychology, among which we highlight the following:
- Philosophical Foundations of Psychology,
- Psychology at the Ibero-
- History of psychological schools,
- History of the Neurosciences and Neropsicología,
- Biographies reviews Psychologists / as,
- History of psychiatric institutions,
- Psychology, colonialism, racism and multi / inter-cultural,
- Psychology of sexuality and gender,
- Women and feminism in psychology,
- Psychology of religion and spirituality,
- Efemerides held in 2016, including the following anniversaries: Foundation Club Zurich by Carl Gustav Jung (1916), E. Mach (1838-1916), Th Ribot (1839-1916), O. Külpe (. 1862-1916), H. Münsterberg (1863-1916), Leta Hollingworth (1886-1939, PhD 1916), H. Eysenck (1916-1997), Julian Rotter (1916-2014), Virginia Satir (1916-1988 ).
Participants can submit:
- Papers : oral presentations of 20 minutes maximum;
- Roundtables : maximum 4 papers (90 minutes), with thematic coherence;
- Posters (recommended size: A1).
- Title; Abstract: 550-750 words 150-250 for Communications and Posters; References (5-10); (. 5 max) keywords; a separate document with the institutional linkage and a brief biographical note of the author (100 words maximum) indicating the issues that interest you and publications in the area.
Successful proposals will be published in e-book with ISBN.
To request further information and to send the proposals should be addressed to the following address: SEHPsymposium@upt.pt
Important dates for the Conference:
- Submission of proposals for papers, panels and posters: until 31 December 2015 .
- The decision on the proposals: to the January 31, 2016.
- The Conference program will be ready by March 31, 2016.
- Registration: from 31 January 2016.