SECOND CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
ESHHS (European Society for the History of Human Sciences)
CHEIRON (International Society for the History of Behavioural and Social Sciences)
Barcelona, Spain, June 27-July 1, 2016
ESHHS and CHEIRON invite submissions to their joint conference to be held from June 27 to July 1, 2016, at the Centre for History of Science (CEHIC), Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
Sessions, papers, workshops, round-tables and posters may deal with any aspect of the history of the human, behavioural or social sciences. However, this year’s conference will devote particular interest in topics such as:
- history and philosophy of science
- popularization of science and the role of experts in modern society
- the circulation of science and technology in the European periphery
Submissions: must be received by January 15, 2016. Please send your proposal electronically as attachment in MSWord (.doc/.docx) to the three members of the programme committee:
Ø Ingrid Farreras (email@example.com)
Ø Sharman Levinson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ø Annette Mülberger (email@example.com)
Only original papers should be sent. Please indicate the submission type (session, paper, poster, workshop or round-table proposal). Any submission must include the name, email, and institutional address of the author.
Papers: send a 500-600 word abstract in English plus short bibliography. In case your communication will be in another language, please inform the committee in order to assist in planning linguistic support, if necessary.
Posters: send a 300 word abstract.
Session, workshop or round-table: send a 500-600 word rationale of the event (plus short bibliography) as well as a short abstract for each paper or intervention.
Notification of acceptance will be sent by February 29, 2016.
Information about the Registration Fee
|Early bird registration (beforeApril 15)
Note: The registration is not yet open (we will announce when it starts – probably in February, 2016 – and send information about how to make the transference). Please take into account that the registration fee does not include the conference dinner, which is optional and will suppose an extra cost of approximately 50 or 60 €.
Accommodation: please keep in mind that Barcelona is a touristic place and June high season. Therefore, if you want to stay in the city we recommend you to book your hotel or apartment as soon as possible. The conference itself will take place in Bellaterra (the campus of the Univ. Autònoma), about 20 km away. From the campus you can get to the centre of the city by train, which takes about 35 minutes (but the train does not circulate during the night).
Here are some recommendations:
A) For the hotel on the campus of the UAB (“Hotel Campus”) we have a special offer: a single room for 60 euros and a double room for 66 euros. If you are interested please send us an e-mail. As soon as we receive your response we make a pre-reservation (which can be cancelled or changed by you at any time until April 2016). Later on (in January/February) when you probably will start to make travel plans we will send you a booking form to fill out to formalize the reservation (in it you will have to indicate the date of arrival and departure).
- B) A (cheaper) option is to rent an apartment for 2 persons (called “Vila 2“) on the university campus of the UAB. The price per week is 377€. The apartment includes private bathroom and equipped kitchen. The price also includes a weekly cleaning service. Please take a look at the link below to see the pictures. Please contact us if you are interested in this option.
For more information see: http://www.uab.cat/web/your-home/type-q-for-1-or-2-persons-1248300550667.html
(Note: there are 3 restaurants linked to the Hotel Campus and the cafeteria opens all days from 8 a.m. to 12a.m. (midnight)).
- C) In the city centre: in general hotels in the city centre are more expensive and we have no chance of getting a special price. There are plenty possibilities and maybe use com to get a good cancellation policy. An attractive option could be also the “Residència d’Investigadors” (a hotel for scholars near the Ramblas, about 15 minutes walk to the train station to UAB/Bellaterra; the travel to the conference from there would take about 1 hour aprox.). The price for an individual room is 71€, the double room costs between 88€ and 100€. More information at:
http://www.residencia-investigadors.es/ca/espacios/allotjament-9.htmPlease note that a limited number of travel stipends will be available to students or scholars who present a paper or a poster and need economic support. Please indicate along with your submission if you wish to be considered for this arrangement.
In case you want a list of hotels of the city centre or if you plan to stay on the campus please contact us(firstname.lastname@example.org).
Share on Facebook